MSO7944 - Alleged Enclosure, Porlock Allotment (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Small circular bank seen on aerial photographs. (1-2) May be a sheepfold. (3) No evidence for an enclosure was found during field reconnaissance. (4)
- <1> SSO708 Survey: Western Archaeological Trust. 1980s. Exmoor Aerial Photograph Survey. 8343.
- <2> SSO202 Aerial photograph: May 1977. ENP MAM IRFC. 13.104.
- <3> SSO967 Unassigned: Dennison, E, Somerset County Council. 12.06.84. E Dennison, 12 June 1984.
- <4> SMO5111 Unpublished document: Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England. Field Investigators Comment. Wilson-North, R. 12/08/1996.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8392 4306 (13m by 14m)|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=974998 (Pastscape entry: 974998)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11573
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SW86
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 974998
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33970
Record last edited
Aug 3 2020 3:08PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.