MSO7852 - Early 20th Century tree-ring enclosure east of Croydon Hall (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Small tree ring enclosure seen on AP's.  Probably associated with Croydon Hall.  It is similar to that described under MSO7853, although it now lies within an arable field and is an early 20th Century feature, associated with landscaping of the grounds of Golsoncott House or Croyden Hall.  The enclosure is no longer visible by the time the 1995 aerial photograph had been taken. 
- --- SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Somerset County Council SMR 29 Sep 1986.
- <1> SSO708 Survey: Western Archaeological Trust. 1980s. Exmoor Aerial Photograph Survey. 0238.
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 4325.
- <3> SSO959 Unassigned: Dennison, E, Somerset County Council. 10.10.88.
- <4> SMO7322 Unpublished document: Riley, H.. Field Investigators Comments. Riley H 1998 RCHME field Investigation.
- <5> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. C Dove 22/02/2013.
|Grid reference||Centred ST 0231 3865 (33m by 32m)|
|Civil Parish||OLD CLEEVE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=975203 (Original Monarch entry: 975203)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11869
- National Monuments Record reference: ST 03 NW44
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 975203
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 34447
Record last edited
Mar 28 2018 2:09PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.