MSO7850 - Nethercott's Adit (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
An adit was opened unsuccessful by a Mr Nethercott of Roadwater in 1936, in the hillside above Clapper House.  The adit is said to be 15 metres long but is now blocked. 
- --- SSO815 Monograph: Bryant T.C. 1980. The Hollow Hills of Brendon. 6-7.
- <1> SMO5787 Monograph: Sellick, R.. 1970. The West Somerset Mineral Railway and the Story of the Brendon Hills Iron Mines. David and Charles Limited. Second. 84.
- <3> SEM7005 Report: Jones, M.H.. 1995. Report on Proposed Low-Key Visitor Access to Industrial Sites on the Brendon Hills. 14.
|Grid reference||ST 0196 3545 (point)|
|Civil Parish||OLD CLEEVE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=975197 (Original Monarch entry: 975197)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11807
- National Monuments Record reference: ST 03 NW 42
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 975197
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 34383
Record last edited
Feb 28 2013 9:45AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.