MSO7846 - Waterwheel at Roadwater Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (3)
- None recorded
Pond, dry leat and slight remains of a wheel pit are all that is left of an overshot wheel at Roadwater Farm.  The leat is visible on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. [3,4]
- <1> SSO1999 Unassigned: Warren, D Somerset Industrial Archaeology Society. 29.11.77.
- <2> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Somerset County Council SMR 29 Sep 1986.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred ST 0347 3896 (154m by 152m)|
|Civil Parish||OLD CLEEVE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=975132 (Original Monarch entry: 975132)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11516
- National Monuments Record reference: ST 03 NW29
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 975132
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33907
Record last edited
Feb 22 2013 2:42PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.