MSO7782 - Post-medieval quarry on Yenworthy Common (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
SS 807 482 A large round mound noted by McDonnell on air photographic transcript. [1-3] SS 8069 4820 A small quarry with internal spoil heap is shown at this reference on the 1890 Ordnance Survey plan . The area, at that time heather moorland, is now ploughed and under pasture. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. LHL CPE/UK/1980 4036 (April 1946).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. HSL/UK/72-49 Run 81 0029 (April 1972).
- <3> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS8048B.
- <4>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1890, Somerset 33(2). [Mapped feature: #44249 ]
- <5> SMO7324 Unpublished document: Sainsbury, I.S.S. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 3 November 1995.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8068 4819 (31m by 30m)|
|Civil Parish||OARE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1069829 (Pastscape entry: 1069829)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11504
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 NW27
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1069829
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33881
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:27PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.