MSO7723 - Pump house south of Yard Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A 9 feet 7 inches by 8 feet stone and slate structure at one side of leat feading Yard mill with a bypass channel and sluices. Had an undershot wheel with paddles each 20 inches by 8.5 inches. Pump now removed.  The pump house is also shown on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps, and the 6 inch map dating from 1932. [2-4]
- <1> SSO1980 Unassigned: Warren, D. 1 Dec 1977. Somerset Industrial Archaeology Society. Somerset County Council SMR 29 Sep 1986.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SMO5112 Map: Ordnance Survey. Various. Ordnance Survey Map (Scale / Date) . 1932 6" 48NW.
|Grid reference||Centred ST 0628 3864 (7m by 8m)|
|Civil Parish||NETTLECOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=975276 (Original Monarch entry: 975276)
- National Monuments Record reference: ST 03 NE43
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 975276
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33841
Record last edited
Jun 16 2014 12:10PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.