MSO7630 - Possible medieval field system at Great Headon Plantation (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
SS 94404535. Ill-defined earthworks of an uncertain date at Great Headon Plantation. This may be associated with a medieval open field system.  The precise location, nature and extent of the features is not known. 
- <1>XY SSO1777 Article in serial: Osborn, B.. 1983. Parish surveys in Somerset five: Minehead Without. Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. 5. p25. [Mapped feature: #30291 25]
- <2> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1993-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. Catherine Dove, 24 November 2020.
|Grid reference||SS 9440 4535 (point)|
|Civil Parish||MINEHEAD WITHOUT, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=866999 (Pastscape entry: 866999)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 NW76
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 866999
Record last edited
Nov 24 2020 4:05PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.