MSO7620 - Bronze Age burial cairn northeast of Woodcombe Plantation (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A probable Bronze Age cairn lies on North Hill at SS 95213 47464. It was recorded as part of the RCHME survey of the ENPA holding on North Hill. A large subcircular stoney mound 9.7 by 8.4 metres and 0.8 metres high. Vegetation makes the site difficult to assess but the stone content, size and position suggest a burial cairn.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO5780 Report: Riley, H. and Wilson-North, R.. 1997. The field archaeology of North Hill: An archaeological survey of the Exmoor National Park holding. RCHME.
- <2> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1101073, Extant 10 May 2022.
|Grid reference||SS 95212 47463 (point)|
|Civil Parish||MINEHEAD WITHOUT, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1101073 (Original Monarch entry: 1101073)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO12435
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 NE56
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1101073
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35635
Record last edited
May 10 2022 9:30AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.