MSO7613 - 20th Century stone on North Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A stone is depicted on the 1981 Ordnance Survey map at SS 9408 4810.  The stone was marked on the 1981 map, on a modern fence line, but could not be located on the ground during field survey in 1997. [2, 3] A 20th Century stone was visible on the 2nd and 3rd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. This is still recorded on the 2014 MasterMap. [4-6]
- <1> SSO1434 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1981. 1:10,000, 1981. SS 94 NW.
- <2> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 13 November 1997.
- <3> SMO5780 Report: Riley, H. and Wilson-North, R.. 1997. The field archaeology of North Hill: An archaeological survey of the Exmoor National Park holding.
- <4> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <5> SEM8093 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1933-1938. County Series, Third Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <6>XY SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #41857 ]
|Grid reference||SS 9408 4811 (point)|
|Civil Parish||MINEHEAD WITHOUT, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
External Links (2)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1102348 (Pastscape entry: 1102348)
- https://heritagerecords.nationaltrust.org.uk/HBSMR/MonRecord.aspx?uid=MNA167589 (National Trust HER entry: MNA167589)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO12438
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 NW100
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- National Trust HER Record: MNA167589
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1102348
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35638
Record last edited
Mar 2 2021 2:12PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.