MSO7588 - Forge Cottage, Bratton (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Mid to late 17th century house.  The building is shown as a smithy on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map.  Forge Cottage is depicted and labelled on 2020 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SEM7987 Archive: English Heritage. National Monuments Record / AMIE / Monarch / National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry - viewable via Pastscape. 521736 (no source).
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3>XY SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500. [Mapped feature: #40053 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9465 4607 (22m by 17m)|
|Civil Parish||MINEHEAD WITHOUT, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=521736 (Original Monarch entry: 521736)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 NW174
- NBR Index Number: 41846
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 521736
Record last edited
Nov 25 2020 2:28PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.