MSO7559 - Post-medieval mill pond southwest of Higher Hopcott (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The Tithe Map for Wootton Courtenay depicts a pond in this location.  The pond was also noted on the 1st Edition, 2nd Edition and 6 inch 1962 Ordnance Survey maps. It is labelled as a mill pond and the 2nd Edition map also indicates a sluice. [2-4] The pond is still depicted on modern MasterMap data. 
- <1> SSO718 Map: 1844. Wootton Courtenay Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <5> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 960 448 (30m by 30m) (Historic mapping)|
|Historic Parish||WOOTTON COURTNEY|
|Civil Parish||MINEHEAD WITHOUT, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1119384 (Pastscape entry: 1119384)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11413
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SE59
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1119384
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33783
Record last edited
Sep 4 2017 8:08PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.