MSO7551 - Possible Bronze Age burial cairn near Camp Reservoir (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A possible prehistoric cairn near Camp Reservoir, at SS 95771 46895, was recorded as part of the RCHME survey of the ENPA land holding on North Hill. A slight circular mound 4.2 metres in diameter and 0.25 metres high. A reasonable proportion of stone in the mound suggests a burial cairn although its proximity to camp reservoir (MSO7549) may indicate a more recent origin.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1>XY SMO5780 Report: Riley, H. and Wilson-North, R.. 1997. The field archaeology of North Hill: An archaeological survey of the Exmoor National Park holding. RCHME. SS 94 NE 54, p4, 21. [Mapped feature: #40606 ]
- <2> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1100881, Extant 10 May 2022.
|Grid reference||SS 95771 46895 (point)|
|Civil Parish||MINEHEAD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1100881 (Original Monarch entry: 1100881)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO12434
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 NE54
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1100881
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35634
Record last edited
May 10 2022 9:28AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.