MSO7545 - Possible post-medieval stone near Camp Reservoir on North Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A stone is recorded on North Hill, close to the road, at SS 9582 4698.  There is no field evidence for this stone, which was investigated as part of the RCHME survey of the ENPA holding on North Hill.  This stone was recorded on the 3rd Edition Ordnance Survey map. 
- <1> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963. Sheet SS 94 NE.
- <2> SMO5780 Report: Riley, H. and Wilson-North, R.. 1997. The field archaeology of North Hill: An archaeological survey of the Exmoor National Park holding. 24.
- <3>XY SEM8093 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1933-1938. County Series, Third Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #43592 ]
|Grid reference||SS 9582 4697 (point) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||MINEHEAD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1102490 (Original Monarch entry: 1102490)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO12445
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 NE72
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1102490
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35646
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:24PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.