MSO7543 - Post-medieval field system south of Camp Reservoir (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
SS 9556 4698. The remains of field banks and lynchets cover an area of c.16 hectares on the southeast margins of North Hill. They were probably part of Higher and Lower Moor Farms. The fields date to some time before the early 19th Century. The field system was recorded as part of the RCHME survey of the ENPA holding on North Hill.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1>XY SMO5780 Report: Riley, H. and Wilson-North, R.. 1997. The field archaeology of North Hill: An archaeological survey of the Exmoor National Park holding. RCHME. SS 94 NE 68, p10, 24. [Mapped features: #46202 p10; #46203 p10; #46204 p10; #46205 p10; #46206 p10; #46207 p10]
- <2> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1102462, Extant 10 May 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 95572 47085 (821m by 732m) (6 map features)|
|Civil Parish||MINEHEAD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1102462 (Original Monarch entry: 1102462)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 NE68
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1102462
Record last edited
May 10 2022 11:29AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.