MSO7503 - Post-medieval field system on Lype Common (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The remains of part of a probable Post Medieval field system surviving on Lype Common. The field system is defined by linear banks, some of which can be seen continuing as current field boundaries. No trace of cultivation marks associated with the fields can be seen. The field system was seen as an earthwork and mapped from aerial photographs. [1-3] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1980/4737 (11 April 1947).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944/4150 (23 January 1947).
- <3> SMO6673 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS93NE.
- <4> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1166336, Extant 26 April 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9600 3707 (913m by 610m) Centred on|
|Civil Parish||LUXBOROUGH, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1166336 (Original Monarch entry: 1166336)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO1167
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10088
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NE105
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1166336
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13931
Record last edited
Apr 26 2022 3:01PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.