MSO7493 - Post-medieval water meadow at Langham Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The remains of a fragmented water meadow system associated with Langham farm. The water meadow appears as a number of linear ditches running parallel to the hill side. They survive as earthworks and were mapped from aerial photographs. [1-5]
- --- SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 4333, 4334.
- <1> SSO1179 Unpublished document: Francis, P.. 1984. A Survey and Description of the Catch Meadow Irrigation Systems. 41.
- <2> SMO4067 Aerial photograph: Aerial photograph reference number . CPE.UK.1980.3291-3293 April 1947.
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1980/3837 11-APR-1947.
- <4> SMO6673 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS93NE.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 982 365 (253m by 794m)|
|Civil Parish||LUXBOROUGH, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1128246 (Original Monarch entry: 1128246)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO810
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11912
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NE83
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1128246
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 34490
Record last edited
Apr 27 2020 2:26PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.