MSO7485 - Trackway west of Bakers Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A linear depression was noted on aerial photographs lying to the west of Bakers Farm forming a trackway to Kiln Lane.  The trackway described by the previous authority appears as linear depression with traces of a bank on either side. It can be traced for approximately 130m aligned in an east-west direction. The feature was seen as an earthwork and mapped from aerial photographs. [2,3] The trackway is clearly shown on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map 
- <1> SSO708 Survey: Western Archaeological Trust. 1980s. Exmoor Aerial Photograph Survey. 9638.
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 3294.
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. HSL UK/7177/8785-6 07-SEP-1971.
- <4> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9658 3866 (375m by 137m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||LUXBOROUGH, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1128192 (Original Monarch entry: 1128192)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO805
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11405
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NE68
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1128192
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33761
Record last edited
Jul 18 2018 11:42AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.