MSO7436 - Undated mound on Stoke Ridge (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Centred at SS 8797 4336 on Stoke Ridge 15 metres south of the road from Cloutsham Gate to Stoke Pero is a prominent, roughly circular, earthen mound. It is 8.5 metres in diameter and 0.7 metres high. It is overgrown with gorse and heather; a small animal scrape in the summit reveals the content of the mound to be a combination of earth and small stone. The mound is unlikely to be prehistoric in origin. Surveyed with GPS. 
- <1> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 2 October 1997.
|Grid reference||SS 8797 4336 (point)|
|Civil Parish||LUCCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1093213 (Original Monarch entry: 1093213)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10022
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SE111
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- National Trust HER Record
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1093213
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13459
Record last edited
Mar 4 2020 9:22AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.