MSO7430 - Post-medieval pound to the north of Luccombe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A pound is annotated on the 1904 Ordnance Survey map.  The pound also appears on the 1962 6 inch map for the area.  The feature is depicted and labelled on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map.  The Tithe Map for Luccombe depicts the structure and it is labelled 608. The Apportionment described it as "Part of Court House Knowle: Parish Pound" (the adjacent field is named "Pound Knowle"). It was owned and occupied by Sir Thomas Dyke Acland.  The pound boundary is depicted but not labelled on the 2020 Ordnance Survey MasterMap data.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. County Series; 2nd Edition (1st Revision) 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1904, 34 (11).
- <2> SSO1635 Map: Ordnance Survey Archaeology Division. 1962. 6" SS94SW.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1854-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SSO292 Map: Collard Cox, W.. 1841. Luccombe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <5>XY SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500. [Mapped feature: #39394 ]
- <6> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1086611, Extant 24 May 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9114 4469 (11m by 13m)|
|Civil Parish||LUCCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1086611 (Pastscape entry: 1086611)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11307
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SW50
- National Park
- National Trust HER Record
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1086611
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33662
Record last edited
May 24 2022 1:28PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.