MSO7411 - Possible ruined buildings on Stoke Pero Common (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
SS 8740 4149. A rapid examination of aerial photographs suggested the presence of at least one (and possibly a group of) rectangular earthwork enclosures, possibly ruined building remains. [1,2] Three sides of a rectangular building are clearly aligned east to west to the north of MSO7331. The northern side is less clear. 
- <1> SEM7656 Unassigned: Miller, A.. 1995. AP Primary Recording Project. 16 February 1993.
- <2> SMO4067 Aerial photograph: Aerial photograph reference number . DAP LD24-5 (10 January 1989).
- <3> SEM8675 Verbal communication: Various. 1900-. Somerset County Council / South West Heritage Trust staff comments. Chris Webster, Somerset HER, 3 March 2006.
|Grid reference||SS 8740 4148 (point)|
|Civil Parish||LUCCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=604916 (Original Monarch entry: 604916)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10114
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SE98
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 604916
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13978
Record last edited
Mar 4 2020 10:47AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.