MSO7411 - Possible ruined buildings on Stoke Pero Common (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
SS 8740 4149. A rapid examination of aerial photographs suggested the presence of at least one (and possibly a group of) rectangular earthwork enclosures, possibly ruined building remains. [1,2] Three sides of a rectangular building are clearly aligned east to west to the north of MSO7331. The northern side is less clear.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SEM7656 Archive: Miller, A.. 1995. RCHME Aerial Photograph Primary Recording Project. 16 February 1993.
- <2> SMO4067 Aerial photograph: Aerial photograph reference number . DAP LD24-5 (10 January 1989).
- <3> SEM8675 Verbal communication: Various. 1900-. Somerset County Council / South West Heritage Trust staff comments. Chris Webster, Somerset HER, 3 March 2006.
- <4> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 604916, Extant 16 March 2022.
|Grid reference||SS 8740 4148 (point)|
|Civil Parish||LUCCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=604916 (Original Monarch entry: 604916)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10114
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SE98
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 604916
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13978
Record last edited
Mar 16 2022 10:51AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.