MSO7376 - Possible clearance mound on Honeycombe Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
At SS 8572 4219 on fairly level ground, where heather gives way to a small patch of grass, there is an elongated mound. It is 6 metres long, 4 metres wide and 0.6 metres high with rounded ends and seems to contain small stones beneath a peaty top with a depth of 0.2 metres. Probably a clearance mound, in view of the adjacent patch of pasture, but of uncertain date. 
- <1> SMO7320 Unpublished document: Quinnell, N.V.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 21 April 1987.
|Grid reference||SS 8571 4218 (point)|
|Civil Parish||LUCCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=36152 (Original Monarch entry: 36152)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10009
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SE78
- National Park
- National Trust HER Record
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 36152
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13191
Record last edited
Oct 10 2014 2:10PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.