MSO7197 - Ironstone pit northwest of Quarme Hill Cross (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Possible ironstone pit of post-medieval date, visible on vertical aerial photographs. [1,2] The pit shows on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. [3,4]
- <1> SMO7521 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 NW. AF1129721.
- <2> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography. RAF CPE/UK/1944 4154-5. 23/01/1947.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9357 3704 (52m by 64m)|
|Civil Parish||EXTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132352 (Original Monarch entry: 1132352)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO883
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW88
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1132352
Record last edited
Jan 31 2013 10:49AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.