MSO7022 - Mound, Beckham (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A small, round mound at Beckham measures 4 paces in diameter and c0.4 metres high. The steepness of the sides suggests a recent feature. (1)
- <1> SSO92 Unassigned: Committee for Rescue Archaeology in Avon, Gloucestershire and Somerset. 1982. McDonnell, R. 23/07/1982.
- <2> SSO856 Article in serial: Burrow, I., Minnitt, S. and Murless, B.. 1982. Somerset Archaeology 1981. Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. 126. 69-91. P.83.
- <3> SEM7060 Report: McDonnell, R.. 1985. Recommendations for the Management of Archaeological Sites in the Exmoor National Park at Warren, Pinford, Tom's Hill and Hayes Allotment. P.64 (site 74).
|Grid reference||SS 8107 4199 (point) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=974798 (Pastscape entry: 974798)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11029
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SW108
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 974798
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33168
Record last edited
Oct 23 2013 2:09PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.