MSO7022 - Post-medieval or modern mound at Beckham (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A small, round mound at Beckham measures 4 paces in diameter and c. 0.4 metres high. The steepness of the sides suggests a recent feature.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1>XY SSO92 Unassigned: Committee for Rescue Archaeology in Avon, Gloucestershire and Somerset. 1982. [No title]. R McDonnell, 23 July 1982. [Mapped feature: #38241 ]
- <2> SSO856 Article in serial: Burrow, I., Minnitt, S. and Murless, B.. 1982. Somerset Archaeology 1981. Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. 126. 69-91. P.83.
- <3> SEM7060 Report: McDonnell, R.. 1985. Recommendations for the Management of Archaeological Sites in the Exmoor National Park at Warren, Pinford, Tom's Hill and Hayes Allotment. P.64 (site 74).
- <4> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 974798, Extant 6 July 2021.
|Grid reference||SS 8107 4199 (point) Estimated from sources|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11029
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SW108
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 974798
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33168
Record last edited
Jul 6 2021 4:12PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.