MSO6977 - (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
For details see county SMR (1).SS7290 4145. A sub-rectangular enclosure seen by McDonnell (a) on Air Photos(b) SS7290 4155. The reference falls on a gentle south-west facing slope of improved ground which is now reverting back to rough grass and rushes. It is a damp area covered by extensive old peat cuttings and wet hollows and linear drainage. There is no trace of this alleged enclosure which may have been a misinterpretation of some of the peat cutting which tend to be rectangular in form.(2ab)
- <1> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Somerset cc SMR 29 SEP 1986.
- <2> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. McDonnel R 1977-85 CRAAGS Exmoor Air Photo Survey.
- <3> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Air Photos Sept 1971 Somerset County Planning Dept HSL/UK/71-167 Run 73, 7588.
- <4> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Sainsbury I S 26-JUN-1995 RCHME Field Investigation.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7294 4144 (103m by 125m)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=895557 (Pastscape entry: 895557)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SW66
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 895557
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33001
Record last edited
Dec 10 2010 11:44AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.