MSO6942 - Disputed possible modern fieldsystem, north east of Warren Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Parallel earthwork banks c. 1m wide and 0.25m high, northeast of Warren Farm are alleged to be prehistoric. Two of the banks have been accentuated by leats. There are a number of slight turf-covered banks at this location but they would appear to be of recent origin. [1,2] Upon a site visit, no trace of a prehistoric field system could be identified in a pasture field to the north-east of Warren Farm. A number of slight turf-covered banks are visible, but they seem to be of recent origin.  <1> SMR file 33089 (Unassigned). SSO462. <2> McDonnell, R, 1985, Recommendations for the Management…, 45 (site 241) (Report). SSO1384. <3> RCHME, 1996, Exmoor Survey, NMR site SS 74 SE 45 (Survey). SSO1870.
- <1> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records. PRN 33089.
- <2> SSO1384 Report: McDonnell, R. 1985. Recommendations for the Management…. 45 (site 241).
- <3> SMO5111 Unpublished document: Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England. Field Investigators Comment. Wilson-North W R 09-AUG-1994 RCHME Field Investigation..
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7956 4092 (98m by 132m)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=867242 (Pastscape entry: 867242)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10950
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SE45
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 867242
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33089
Record last edited
Mar 21 2018 3:25PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.