MSO6938 - Post-medieval drainage channels at Barcombe and Litton (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
An extensive area of rectangular and sub rectangular grass marked ditches were noted from air photographs. [1-3] The features are centred at SS 7970 3346 and cover an area of about 8 hectares. When visited they were found to be natural and artifical drainage channels. 
- <1> SSO708 Survey: Western Archaeological Trust. 1980s. Exmoor Aerial Photograph Survey. 7933.
- <2> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography. LHL/CPE/UK/1980/3371(April 1947).
- <3> SMO4069 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Oblique Aerial Photograph. HSL/UK/71-178, 79, 9275 (September 1971).
- <4> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 12 January 1995.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7960 3347 (1022m by 1054m) (Surveyed)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=909003 (Original Monarch entry: 909003)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 73 SE11
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 73 SE29
- National Park: Exmoor
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1097051
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 909003
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33791
Record last edited
Nov 9 2016 10:59AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.