MSO6920 - Possible post-medieval pound on North Molton Ridge (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A pound is alleged at this location, however there was no trace of such a feature during field investigation. To the west are a group of cottages, one of which is called "Pound Cottage".  It is not clear whether this record has been correctly located. There are no cottages in the vicinity named "Pound Cottage". [2,3]
- <1> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 20 December 1994.
- <2> SEM8322 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2016. MasterMap.
- <3> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1999-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. Catherine Dove, 28 March 2017.
|Grid reference||SS 7730 3293 (point) (NRHE)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1099607 (Pastscape entry: 1099607)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 73 NE25
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1099607
Record last edited
May 4 2020 10:48PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.