MSO6739 - Possible prehistoric field system on Almsworthy Common (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
An "elaborate field system", perhaps prehistoric, "very near to" the stone setting (MSO6727) on Almsworthy Common was noted in 1980.  It is possible this record relates to the site recorded as MSO6735, or perhaps MSO11283 further to the west.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1>XY SMO4080 Monograph: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1983. Ancient Exmoor: A Study of the Archaeology and Prehistory of Exmoor. The Exmoor Press. Microstudy C2. pp 28, 57. [Mapped feature: #46535 ]
- <2> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1993-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. Catherine Dove, 4 March 2020.
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 36313, Extant 12 July 2021.
|Grid reference||SS 840 417 (point)|
|Civil Parish||EXFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=36313 (Pastscape entry: 36313)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SW54
- National Trust HER Record
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 36313
Record last edited
Jul 12 2021 4:25PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.