MSO6295 - Late medieval or early post-medieval grain mill in Huntscott (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A "grain mill, newly constructed in Huntscott" is mentioned in Court Rolls of 1538-53. Its precise location is uncertain. [1,2] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SEM340775 Unpublished document: Anonymous. 1800-1899. Manor of Wootton Courtney. [1538-1553]. 2367.
- <2> SEM8675 Verbal communication: Various. 1900-. Somerset County Council / South West Heritage Trust staff comments. E Dennison, Somerset County Planning Department, 13 June 1984.
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1086661, Extant 24 May 2022.
|Grid reference||SS 92 43 (point) Exact location unknown|
|Civil Parish||WOOTTON COURTENAY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1086661 (Pastscape entry: 1086661)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SW61
- National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1086661
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 34353
Record last edited
May 24 2022 1:51PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.