MSO6295 - Late medieval or early post-medieval grain mill in Huntscott (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A "grain mill, newly constructed in Huntscott" is mentioned in Court Rolls of 1538-53. Its precise location is uncertain. [1,2] Its exact location and survival is not known, although it can be assumed to be close to the watercourse. 
- <1> SEM340775 Unpublished document: Anonymous. 1538-1553. Translation of Court Rolls from Henry VIII to Mary I. 2367.
- <2> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information. E Dennison, Somerset County Planning Department, 13 June 1984.
- <3>XY SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1999-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. Catherine Dove, 29 July 2020. [Mapped feature: #46627 ]
|Grid reference||SS 92 43 (point)|
|Civil Parish||WOOTTON COURTENAY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1086661 (Pastscape entry: 1086661)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SW61
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1086661
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 34353
Record last edited
Jul 29 2020 2:30PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.