MSO6284 - Three modern mounds south of Dunkery Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Three mounds of uncertain origin lies on the S slopes of Dunkery Hill at SS 91140 42272, SS 91193 42267 and SS 91378 42116. They are probably of recent origin and may be associated with clearance or with the military use of Dunkery Hill. The mounds were surveyed using differential GPS as part of the RCHME Exmoor Project. 
- <1> SMO7322 Unpublished document: Riley, H.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 10 April 1997.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 91258 42194 (238m by 156m) (GPS derived)|
|Civil Parish||WOOTTON COURTENAY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1082424 (Pastscape entry: 1082424)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10229
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SW85
- National Trust HER Record
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1082424
- Somerset SMR PRN: 16282
Record last edited
Aug 3 2020 3:13PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.