MSO12687 - WW2 mortar position, Hadborough (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A circular, flat bottomed hollow 6.2m across and 0.5m deep with vertical sides enclosed by a bank 0.2m high. Likely to be a mortar position. Surveyed using GPS as part of the RCHME Exmoor Survey. [1-3] This feature is visible on aerial photographs. 
- <1> SSO2106 Report: Wilson North, R. 1998. Haddon Hill, Brompton Regis, Somerset. RCHME report.
- <2> SMO5111 Unpublished document: Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England. Field Investigators Comment. R Wilson-North 24 February 1998 RCHME Field Investigation.
- <3> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Wilson-North R and Riley H 1998 "Haddon Hill: The Field Archaeology..." RCHME Survey Report.
- <4> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR MAL/68013 0194-5 28-MAR-1968.
- <5> SMO6671 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS92NE.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 96069 28591 (13m by 14m)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132584 (Original Monarch entry)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO947
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8990
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 92 NE29
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1132584
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35900
Record last edited
Dec 12 2012 1:09PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.