MSO12671 - Post-medieval stone or ballast quarrying at Haddon Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
An area of quarrying for stone or ballast covers an area about 55m across with scoops and hollows up to 8m across and 1.2m deep. Surveyed by GPS as part of the RCHME Exmoor Survey. [1-3] The quarry is visible on aerial photographs. 
- --- SMO6671 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS92NE.
- <1> SSO2106 Report: Wilson North, R. 1998. Haddon Hill, Brompton Regis, Somerset. RCHME report.
- <2> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. R Wilson-North 24 February 1998 RCHME Field Investigation.
- <3> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Wilson-North R and Riley H 1998 "Haddon Hill: The Field Archaeology..." RCHME Survey Report.
- <4> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 540/860 4174-5 02-SEP-1952.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 96144 28611 (55m by 54m)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132675 (Original Monarch entry)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO953
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8992
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 92 NE32
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1132675
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35884
Record last edited
Dec 12 2012 1:21PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.