MSO12594 - Post-medieval adit at Ison Mine (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
An adit is situated at approximately SS 8995 3713. It was part of the Eisen mine complex (MSO8595).  The farmer at Torre Farm confirms that the adit exists, and that it was still open some 30 years ago. The adit marks the western extent of the Ison Mine complex.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SSO815 Monograph: Bryant T.C. 1980. The Hollow Hills of Brendon.
- <2>XY SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 8 January 1998. [Mapped feature: #47533 ]
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1105474, Extant 14 September 2021.
|Grid reference||SS 8995 3713 (point)|
|Civil Parish||WINSFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8553
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 83 NE78
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1105474
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35802
Record last edited
Sep 14 2021 5:51PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.