MSO12568 - Undated quarry on Winsford Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
SS 88033410. Cropmarks on aerial photographs.  Area of surface digging. Not an antiquity.  A stone quarry with accompanying spoil dump. 
- <1> SMO5303 Map: Ordnance Survey Archaeology Division Map Collection Reference . Correction 6 inch (LV Grinsell).
- <2> SMO7319 Unpublished document: PITCHER, GHP. Field Investigators Comments. Ordnance Survey Archaeology Division, 24 August 1965.
- <3> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 12 March 1997.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8810 3409 (146m by 140m)|
|Civil Parish||WINSFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=35793 (Pastscape entry: 35793)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8539
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 83 SE14
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 35793
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35775
Record last edited
Aug 31 2017 1:57PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.