MSO12507 - Post-medieval mine buildings at Wheal Eliza (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Burrow's 1979 plan of the 19th Century Wheal Eliza mine (MSO6802) shows three platforms marked as 'possible mine buildings' but his text doesn't mention them. [1-4]
- <1> SSO2068 Unassigned: Webster, CJ SMRO. Apr 1998. Verbal communication.
- <2> SSO858 Article in serial: Burrow, I., Minnitt, S. + Murless, B.. 1980. Somerset Archaeology 1979. Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. 124. 136 (Measured Plan).
- <3> SSO819 Unassigned: Burrow. 19.7.1979. site visit records.
- <4> SSO406 Survey: SCC HBC 3.14.2.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7835 3809 (34m by 26m)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35709
Record last edited
Oct 23 2013 4:22PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.