MSO12397 - Possible Bronze Age barrow at Little Ashcombe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
SS 784 406. A feature resembling a barrow is show on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey 1 inch map of 1809.  No trace of a barrow could be found on the summit of Little Ashcombe, within a pasture field, and close to an area of former peat working.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SSO1424 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1809. 1" 1st edition.
- <2>XY SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 22 June 1994. [Mapped feature: #46506 ]
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 35306, Extant 1 June 2021.
|Grid reference||SS 784 406 (point)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- https://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=35306 (Pastscape entry: 35306)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO6831
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SE39
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 35306
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35592
Record last edited
Jun 1 2021 3:59PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.