MSO12256 - Possible prehistoric stone alignment s of Black Barrow (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Stone row reported aligned northnorthwest to eastsoutheast, 230 to 275 metres long. Two rows 0.6 metres apart with stones 2 paces apart.  275 metre row may be confusion with parish boundary stones.  Much confusion with stone setting MSO6882 but appears to be a separate site and renumbered as above.  Not recorded by RCHME. 
- <1> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. R McDonnell, 31 October 1975.
- <2> SSO1919 Unpublished document: Setterington, R.A.. 1990. Manuscript in HER files.
- <3> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. A Preece, 1994.
- <4> SSO1877 Monograph: RCHME . 1992. Lithic Monuments within the Exmoor National Park.
|Grid reference||SS 83149 44000 (point) (Surveyed)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35322
Record last edited
Feb 13 2017 3:49PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.