MSO12229 - Natural stone on Ricksy Ball (Non-antiquity)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
SS 73843870. An isolated single stone on Ricksy Ball. It is of slate or shale, now leaning and is 0.32 metres wide and 0.17 metres high. Found 31 April 1990 (Ground photograph supplied) Stone relocated and grid reference revised.  Not located in ENPA Farm Conservation Scheme evaluation.  Not investigated. Although isolated, other similar stones occur on Ricksy Ball, all of which appear to be natural surface stones or outcrop.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SSO1877 Monograph: RCHME . 1992. Lithic Monuments within the Exmoor National Park. SS73NW35 50, found 31 April 1990.
- <2> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records. PRN 35294, M Walker.
- <3> SSO813 Report: Broomhead, R. 1991. ENPA FCS report.
- <4> SMO7320 Unpublished document: Quinnell, N.V.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 21 January 1992.
- <5> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 867317, Extant 29 November 2021.
|Grid reference||SS 7376 3859 (point) Estimated from sources|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=867317 (Pastscape entry: 867317)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO6888
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 73 NW35
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 867317
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35294
Record last edited
Nov 29 2021 9:08PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.