MSO12213 - Undated circular feature at Three Combes Foot (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
Small low circular turf circle with no gap. Above sheepfold (MSO7040) and possibly associated.  The site was originally recorded on the Somerset HER as a hut circle, but it is not clear on what basis this was suggested.  This record may refer to the surveyed circular enclosure to the south discovered during Mires surveys on Larkbarrow Farm (MEM24502), which may be a hut circle or ring cairn. [3-4]
- <1> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information. AP Preece, 1 January 1992.
- <2> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records. PRN 35271.
- <3> SEM8124 Report: Morris, B.. 2014. Larkbarrow Farm, Exmoor: Results of a walkover survey. p. 19; ELB14(22).
- <4> SEM8281 Digital archive: Bray, L.S.. 2014-2015. Larkbarrow, Exmoor: Archaeological walkover survey. p. 2; ELB14(22).
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8223 4392 (28m by 41m) Estimated from sources|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
- Mires Feature Reference (Monument): ELB14(22)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35271
Record last edited
Jul 12 2021 9:11PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.