MSO12178 - Post-medieval boundary stone on Cloud Allotment (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A "Stone" is shown on the 1st or 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map. [1,2] Not shown on the 1975 1:10,000 map.  Probably marked the line of a trackway which crosses the allotment here.  None of this series of boundary stones survives in where the line crosses diagonally an improved field.  The stone is not marked on the 2021 MasterMap data. 
- <1>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #40544 ]
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SSO1442 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1975. 1:10,000 Map, 1975. 1:10,000.
- <4> SEM8675 Verbal communication: Various. 1900-. Somerset County Council / South West Heritage Trust staff comments. Ed Dennison, 15 November 1988.
- <5> SEM8675 Verbal communication: Various. 1900-. Somerset County Council / South West Heritage Trust staff comments. Chris Webster, Somerset HER, 19 April 2006.
- <6> SEM340794 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2021. MasterMap data. 1:2,500.
|Grid reference||SS 8013 4642 (point)|
|Civil Parish||OARE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (3)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35151
Record last edited
Jan 26 2021 3:02PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.