MSO12171 - Guskim Linhay, Oare (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
Guskim Linhay is drawn and labelled within a small enclosure on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. [1,2] The linhay is still shown on the 1962-3 map.  Nothing is shown on the 1975 1:10,000 map.  The Linhay does not appear on the Culbone Tithe Map and was therefore presumably constructed after this was surveyed. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1905.
- <4> SMO5112 Map: Ordnance Survey. Various. Ordnance Survey Map (Scale / Date) . 6" / 1962-3.
- <5> SSO1443 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1975. 1:10,000 SS84NW.
- <6> SEM8065 Map: 1838. Culbone Tithe Map and Apportionment.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8123 4855 (19m by 38m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||OARE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35144
Record last edited
Jan 26 2021 3:42PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.