MSO12169 - Rodhill Linhay, Oare (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The site is shown as a clear plot on the Oare Tithe Map.  The post-medieval "Rodhill linhay" was visible on both the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. [2,3] This site was not longer visible on the 1975 mapping. 
- <1> SSO346 Map: 1842. Oare Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1905, 6" sheet 22SW.
- <4> SSO1443 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1975. 1:10,000 SS84NW. 1975, 1:10,000 SS84NW.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8032 4877 (10m by 10m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||OARE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35142
Record last edited
Jan 26 2021 3:51PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.