MSO12010 - Textile Mill, Weir Cleeve, Dulverton (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
'Textile mill' is printed on the 1970 Ordnance Survey map.  It is not shown on the 1962 Ordnance Survey map.  The textile mill was forced to close in 1975 due to the recession brought about by the First World Oil Crisis. 
- <1> SSO1507 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1970. 1:2500 Map. 1:2500. SS9128.
- <2> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560. SS92NW.
- <3> SMO5527 Monograph: Aston, M. and Leech, R.. 1977. Historic Towns in Somerset. Committee for Rescue Archaeology in Avon, Gloucestershire and Somerset. Survey Number 2. P.43.
- <4> SEM340789 Projected and video material: South West Film & Television Archive. 1975. Dulverton textiles in tatters.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9145 2840 (40m by 48m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34802
Record last edited
Oct 19 2020 3:37PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.