MSO11986 - Boundary stones north of Bendels Barrow (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The boundary stones are marked on historic mapping along the boundary of Exford and Luccombe parishes. [1-3] The limestone blocks are 18 inches high and rectangular in cross section, 12 inches by 18 inches. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <4> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. A Bowman, Exmoor National Park, 11 September 1985.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8544 4114 (125m by 22m)|
|Civil Parish||EXFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=36151 (Pastscape entry: 36151)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO6724
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SE77
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 36151
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34613
Record last edited
Oct 16 2014 12:40PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.