MSO11985 - Boundary stone northeast of Bendels Barrow (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
"B.S." marked on historic and modern mapping on the boundary of Exford and Luccombe parishes. [1-4] It consists of a limestone block 17 inches high and 8.5 inch wide, with no visible markings. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SSO1619 Map: Ordnance Survey Archaeology Division. 1962. 6" SS84SE.
- <4> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
- <5> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. A Bowman, Exmoor National Park Authority, 11 September 1985.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8567 4119 (1m by 0m)|
|Civil Parish||EXFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=36150 (Pastscape entry: 36150)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO6723
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SE76
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 36150
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34612
Record last edited
Oct 16 2014 12:31PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.