MSO11892 - Post-medieval water meadow at Higher Foxhanger, Brompton Regis (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A post medieval water meadow system at Higher Foxhanger.  This area was included in the Brendon Hills Mapping Project. No features were visible on the available photographs associated with Higher Foxhanger. A water meadow system was noted to the east at Lower Foxhanger which is described in record SS 93 SW 58. [2, 3]
- <1> SSO1179 Unpublished document: Francis, P.. 1984. A Survey and Description of the Catch Meadow Irrigation Systems. 40.
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 3154.
- <3> SMO7037 Unpublished document: DYER, CAD. RCHME/EH Aerial Photographers Comment. Carolyn Dyer/18-MAY-1998/Brendon Hills Mapping Project.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 948 321 (202m by 246m)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1095126 (Original Monarch entry: 1095126)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO593
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8871
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SW36
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1095126
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34470
Record last edited
Dec 18 2012 12:57PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.