MSO11789 - Possible Bronze Age burial cairn on Dunkery Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Round mound. [1,2] Probably a cairn as are others on the hill.  No such mound was discovered in this area; a probable prehistoric burial cairn and several clearance cairns were recorded 450 metres to the southwest (MSO6259) 
- <1> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 3179.
- <2>XY SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS9142F. [Mapped feature: #46634 ]
- <3> SEM8675 Verbal communication: Various. 1900-. Somerset County Council / South West Heritage Trust staff comments. E Dennison, 14 June 1984.
- <4> SMO7322 Unpublished document: Riley, H.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 1997.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9195 4262 (22m by 25m)|
|Civil Parish||WOOTTON COURTENAY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- https://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1086570 (Pastscape entry: 1086570)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO6290
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SW42
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1086570
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34361
Record last edited
Aug 3 2020 2:36PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.