MSO11756 - Possible post-medieval farm in Uppington Plantation (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Group of short banks or walls with possible building remains seen on aerial photographs.  Not mentioned by Aston.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SSO270 Aerial photograph: September 19. HSL.UK.71-178 Run 85. 9326.
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 4357.
- <3> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS8535.
- <4> SSO742 Article in serial: Aston, M. 1983. Deserted Farms on Exmoor and the Lay subsidy of 1327 in West Somerset. Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeology and Natural History Society. 127.
- <5> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 974638, Extant 13 September 2021.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8514 3547 (95m by 71m)|
|Civil Parish||WITHYPOOL AND HAWKRIDGE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8723
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 83 NE52
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 974638
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34324
Record last edited
Sep 13 2021 4:50PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.