MSO11749 - Bronze Age cairn southwest of Portford Bridge (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Barrow at SS 827 341, 11 metres diameter and c.0.5 metres high, disturbed in centre with surrounding ditch.  National Grid Reference corrected.  A circular flat topped stoney mound 12.8 metres in diameter and 0.3 to 0.5 metres high. There are signs of recent robbing. 
- <1> SSO1056 Unpublished document: Eardley Wilmot, H. 00.08.87. H Eardley-Wilmot to Somerset County Council 00.08.87 - discovery.
- <2> SSO1057 Unpublished document: Eardley Wilmot, H. 04.07.82. H Eardley-Wilmot to Somerset County Council 04.07.82 - site visit.
- <3>XY SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 4 February 1995. [Mapped feature: #47182 ]
|Grid reference||SS 8291 3407 (point)|
|Civil Parish||WITHYPOOL AND HAWKRIDGE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8750
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 83 SW47
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1052145
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34317
Record last edited
Apr 19 2021 9:01PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.