MSO11719 - Possible Bronze Age barrows on Withycombe Common (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Three further mounds seen on aerial photographs on Withycombe Common. [1-3] May be more cairns similar to those already noted (MSO8627 ). 
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 3290.
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 4287.
- <3>XY SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS9839. [Mapped features: #34483 ; #34484 ; #34485 ]
- <4> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. E Dennison, Somerset County Council, 1 June 1984.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9858 3955 (438m by 335m)|
|Civil Parish||WITHYCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34286
Record last edited
Jun 25 2019 3:07PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.